Welcome to the School of Public Administration
Founded in 1969 under the leadership of former UNM president, Dr. Ferrel Heady, the school provides a solid academic foundation to prepare students for leadership and management positions in the public and non-profit sectors. From public management and organizational behavior to public policy evaluation and health policy and management - our faculty provide insights into the numerous challenges facing our society and government and how they can best be managed.
SPA’s students come from diverse backgrounds - some from years of professional work experience, some are recent college graduates, and others are mid-career professionals interested in advancing in their current positions or exploring new career opportunities. Our students pride themselves in fostering debate on important issues, encouraging one another, and creating a vibrant learning environment.
- Prospective Students: Didn't make the Spring admission's deadline? Find out how to take MPA courses as a Non-Degree student for Spring 2018!
Latest News & Headlines
- SPA Assistant Professor presents findings to the state's LHHS Committee
- Assistant Professor publishes with a top-rated journal in the PA field
- Regents' Professor elected a Fellow of the National Academy of Public Administration
- CUEB delegation visits UNM SPA for internationalizing opportunities
- Professor León-Moreta examines the formation of special districts in the US with PAQ
- NSF awards funding to UNM for the Science, Technology, and Society Program through 2019