Supporting the School of Public Administration
Concern for our students and dedication to the quality and impact of our programs can be expressed in many ways. Your support is essential to a strong future for SPA - would you please consider a financial contribution?
- School of Public Administration General Fund (200918)
- School of Public Administration Development Fund (202572)
- School of Public Administration Scholarship Fund (201570)
- School of Public Administration Director's Circle (202088)
- The Arthur A. Blumenfeld Endowed Lectureship Fund (605140)
- Loc Truong Award (203448)
- Sandra B. Weeke Scholarship Fund (610496)
Please select one of the School of Public Administration's designations to donate through the UNM Foundation.
How to Give Online to a Listed SPA Fund
- Step 1 - Visit UNM Foundation Gift Giving page.
- Step 2 - Choose a gift amount and the type of gift (one-time, scheduled, recurring).
- Step 3 - Select 'View All Giving Opportunities' under Designations. Search the School of Public Administration for a complete list of SPA funds or one of the above fund numbers in parentheses. Complete the requested information.
- Step 4 - Complete your gift by clicking on Payment Information and Checkout.
How to Give by Check
- Make the check payable to the UNM Foundation.
- Enter Fund Name and Number on the memo line.
- Mail to: UNM Foundation, 700 Lomas NE, Ste 108, Albuquerque, NM 87102.
UNM Employees can donate through Payroll Deduction. Download the Payroll Deduction Form to begin making your monthly gift today.
Why I Give to SPA
Vic Berniklau, M.P.A. ('70)
It's been a long time since the first Public Administration class graduated in 1970 and a lot of changes have occurred to those class members and to the Program. Originally, it was entitled, the Program for Advanced Study in Public Science & Administration, reflecting its NASA sponsorship. Now the Program has broadened to include all aspects of Public Administration, including the recent additions of the Master of Health Administration option and recruitment of a Faculty member with interests in Native American Studies.
Our classes were limited to the UNM campus but are now are attended remotely via ZOOM throughout and outside of the State. The original faculty of one (Dr. Albert H. Rosenthal) has expanded to 11. Our class of 19 included only one female and four minorities. Now the Program of 250 students has about 60% female and minorities. The Program also continues to be academically accredited periodically with outstanding marks. The Program has indeed "Come a Long Way". It is one in which all of us, as graduates, can feel a great deal of pride.
It has been a privilege to participate in some of that growth as a member of the Advisory Board and financially contributing to the Director’s Circle Fund. The Fund is used for supporting the School to cover expenses not covered through normal UNM administrative funding. These include travel for faculty to attend conferences, as well as added scholarship funds.
If you also share in the pride of this program of your alma mater, you are invited to contribute to continued additional progress in the Program by contacting the School of Public Administration at 505-277-1092 or email SPAAlumni-L@list.unm.edu.