Faculty & SPA
- Sold-out crowd supports School of Public Administration
- UNM SPA director honored by Universidad de Guadalajara
- SPA Professor honored by NSF for Women's History Month
- Dr. Mario A. Rivera - Memorial
- SPA Assistant Professor presents findings at the National Health Policy Conference
SPA Quick Links:
Founded in 1969 under the leadership of former UNM president, Dr. Ferrel Heady, the school provides a solid academic foundation to prepare students for leadership and management positions in the public and non-profit sectors. From public management and organizational behavior to public policy evaluation and health policy and management - our faculty provide insights into the numerous challenges facing our society and government and how they can best be managed.
SPA’s students come from diverse backgrounds - some from years of professional work experience, some are recent college graduates, and others are mid-career professionals interested in advancing in their current positions or exploring new career opportunities. Our students pride themselves in fostering debate on important issues, encouraging one another, and creating a vibrant learning environment.