Faculty & SPA
- Message from the Director: Returning from break
- Important message from the SPA Director regarding COVID-19
- School of Public Administration hosts NM Governor
- UNM SPA students represent on global stage
- SPA Assistant Professor and colleagues awarded for best ACHE article
- UNM School of Public Administration celebrates 50 years
SPA Quick Links:
Founded in 1969 under the leadership of former UNM president, Dr. Ferrel Heady, the school provides a solid academic foundation to prepare students for leadership and management positions in the public and non-profit sectors. From public management and organizational behavior to public policy evaluation and health policy and management - our faculty provide insights into the numerous challenges facing our society and government and how they can best be managed.
SPA’s students come from diverse backgrounds - some from years of professional work experience, some are recent college graduates, and others are mid-career professionals interested in advancing in their current positions or exploring new career opportunities. Our students pride themselves in fostering debate on important issues, encouraging one another, and creating a vibrant learning environment.